Thursday, April 16, 2009

Marga's Birthday Ride

A couple of weeks ago, my friend Marga sent out an open invitation to ride with her and her bike Sixto from Manila to Tagaytay on her birthday. 

As much as I wanted to do it, I had one big problem. My road bike happened to be in parts lying in my bedroom. 

Well, no time like the present to build a bike I thought. So I packed up all that bike stuff, cleaned out my bank account and headed to All Terra. Couple of hours later... the world met Frank.



Yeah, he name is Frank, anyone got a problem with that? Its the perfect foil to my prissy MTB Lady Patricia.

---

Birthday ride time. Marga and I started of from Alabang Westgate. Unfortunately, the idea of a big riotous group ride boiled down two hard headed individuals who would not let the idea of searing heat and traffic ruin our best laid plans.

We made our way down Daang Hari and made our first rest stop at a Shell station somewhere past the Camella Homes property.

While Marga and I got re hydrated, Frank and Sixto too the time to get to know each other.


I think they'll be good friends.

We set off again for Tagaytay. But of course, being Pinoy, we couldn't resist stopping to take the occasional picture. Like this one of Marga and the Giant coffee cup of Amadeo.



A few more on the road pics while we rested...


And we finally made it to Tagaytay, where the initial problem of where to have lunch was quickly solved by the choice of my favorite Greek restaurant.


Where we quickly devoured everything in sight.



But of course, no birthday ride would be complete without cake! So off to Starbucks we went for some cheese cake.

Happy Birthday Again Marga. See you again next year!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Again Marga. See you again next year!
    --What next year? There will be no next year because she doesn't want to have anything to do with you. Deal with it, loser!

    ReplyDelete